Monday, January 7, 2013

Not Just Any Ordinary Angel

I had surgery three weeks ago to repair a really bad tendon in my arm.  My arm had to be totally immobilized for a while and for the first time in my entire life, I had to wear a big bulky cast and a sling.  Having only one working arm, I found many things to be very difficult -- I couldn't tie my shoes, or floss my teeth, or zip up my coat, or pull my hair up in a ponytail, or ... well, just use your imagination and I'm sure YOU could add a few things to this list!!!  But I quickly came to the conclusion that I wasn't about to let some silly old thing (like a cast) keep me from having fun!!  It snowed on Christmas morning so Randy and I went for a walk.  I couldn't resist -- I plopped down on my back and did what you're supposed to do in fresh snow -- I made an angel!!

I think she's pretty sweet .... even if she only has one wing!!



By the way, the cast is off and I have to wear a wrist brace for another month.  I have gained a new appreciation for many things that I've taken for granted much too often.  I'm adding things to my "gratitude" list each and every day!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh dear :)! I so agree when I broke my arm(s) it has been such a reminder of all I take for granted on a daily basis. Hope it heals well and fast!