Monday, May 20, 2013

Yep ... I Believe It's True


Recently I shared these thoughts with one of my "all-grown-up-now" children. I think most parents feel the same from time to time ....

I only want the best for you, even if I don't know what the best is.  None of us really does.  We muddle on and try to do the best we can.  We are kind to others.  We don't steal.  We say 'sorry'.  We share what we have and help others however we are able.  We tell the truth and keep to ourselves those words that might hurt someone's feelings if we say them right out loud. And then if we really feel the same way after serious contemplation, we go ahead and say them anyway.  And hope for the best.  And lose some friends.  But cherish the ones who stick by us because they know our heart.  Really know our heart.  We forgive when someone asks us to.  God told us to do that.  He gets to choose -- we don't.  We keep hoping for good.  There's a lot of that in the world.  Sometimes we just have to look pretty hard to find it.  But it's there.  I have seen so much good in people and I'm so grateful that I have.  And most of all, we just show up and we keep plugging along.  Because at the end of day, we remind ourselves that courage is that little voice that says "I'll try again tomorrow."

No comments: